Monday, January 14, 2008

Reading

I made a promise to both of my kids. I told them that once Hatice can read, i will bring them to a bookstore once a month and they can choose a book that they like (within limit of course). That was what i did. We went to my favourite book store D&R in Bağdat Caddesi. Baddin chose a book that costed 7.50YTL.. but hatice chose a book which only costed 1 YTL per book (i was shocked. ii didn't realise that a book can e so cheap!). And so i told her to choose 7 books of the same group. She couldn't believe her ears. She was so happy...

the books she had chosen
It was of the same series; Ece ve Yüce. Upon inspection, i realised Hatice specifically chose the books with cursive style handwriting. Furthermore, the books are actually for grade one and grade two students. For this month, she will be reading these books till the next bookstore trip. I plan to bring them to different bookstores each time. After all, there are many bookstores along Bağdat Caddesı.
While eating dinner, she also told me that an inspector came to her class today.everybody read something one by one and they wrote something one by one too. Hatice was declared the one with the most fluency in reading while she came in second in writing (Elanur was the first). Aferin kızıma! Keep on reading! keep on writing! During weekends, she keep on practising her handwriting. She is not giving up. Like i mentioned in the previous entry, she aims to beat Elanur and Atakan in writing. Her determination reminds me of myself. I think she will be alright insyaAllah..
Today, while reading at home, i also noticed that she is more fluent in her reading. She *invented* new words much lesser while reading. Of course, being school days and all, i didn't push her to read too much. She gets extremely tired after the homework... Keep up the good work my sweet daughter! I know you can do it! I am right behind you!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home