Sunday, January 06, 2008

Her dede's death and update

May you rest in peace dede...
our family..with her dede..snapped a few years ago

hatice and her cousins singing a specially made song for him (taught by safa)
on his 80th birthday

sapanca 2007
their last summer with their dede..

sapanca 2007

precious moment snapped using the handphone

hatice explaining a movie she watched at the cinema a few years ago...
i think it was *ice age 2*


Her dede had always been a very important part in her existence. In him she seek the love and affection of a grandpa and a grandpa since her baba anne died when she was young and my own parents are far away in Malaysia. She spent most of her lives spending time with her dede.....we used to go to baba very often.....we spent most of our summer with baba in Sapanca every year...and even edremit...a very special place for her....she went there with her dede twice..her existence is with her dede's presence in tow.



When he got sick, i quickly sms-ed her class teacher Nuray Çatman to inform her of the situation, asking her to keep a close tab on my daughter. She did. My daughter had went through a span of depression in class. It was also not very easy on Hatice when her dede was hospitalised for 2 weeks. She went to visit him 3 times there... the first one organised by baddin n hatice's class teachers who went there together with Önder bey and i suppose the school headmaster.....then they went there again twice...on saturday mornings when it was school holiday.




And the fact that it was on that last visit, they (hatice n baddin) got to see him that last morning of his conscious day....... to see how happy he was to see them.....how he looked at them with a wonderful smile and said *çok guzel*......as they kissed his cheeks as they were leaving......it will be a memory that they will carry all their lives....


Again... Nuray hanım were and are there to be a support for my daughter in school despite her heavy teaching workload... for that.... Sizin Hakkınız helal olsun Nuray hanım.. i am forever grateful and foever debtful to you for being there for my daughter when she needed someone to rely on. My debt is also on the other teachers for being understanding on hatice's condition. My daughter feels too much. This is an event in her life she will need time to get through painfully slow. I am glad to know that my daughter is in safe hands...THANK YOU!


This is the eulogy i wrote of her dede and was published in Today's Zaman, an english newspaper...

http://www.todayszaman.com/tz-web/detaylar.do?load=detay&link=129157

Until this week, Hatice used to sob herself to sleep. Her tears fast falling her beautiful cheeks as her heart misses her dede. She has a picture of her n her dede together with her bro in edremit next to her each night in bed. I have resorted to making my kids listen to the yaasin on mp3 player before bedtime each night. It seems to be working,Alhamdulillah. She is better...

What is her development in school? Well...she has finished learning all the alphabets. She is slowly able to read. Her problem is understanding what she is reading these days. For now, it takes her 15 minutes to understand a simple question in her textbook. That drives me crazy of course since there are many many questions for her to understand each day in her homework. But i suppose i am not alone in this. i am sure many other moms are in my position. İ just need to keep reminding myself to not scream at her all the time...no matter how hard it will be.... Allah...help me pls... :0)


She used to bring home homework mainly on writing n reading... nowadays it is more on maths and lfe knowledge... well..i just need my daughter to understand what she reads first...that i the most important thing now.




On top of that,I have also realised that with my limited turkish, i am finding it hard for me understand most of her homework nowadays. I can ask her dad of course, but he comes home past their bedtime most nights. I suppose from now on, i will be phoning everyone in the family to ask questions on her homework . i do not have a choice. Her education system is totally different from mine and i have difficulty explaining many things to her. I feel sad about that but it is beyond my control. My dear daughter.... please bear with me...u need to understand everything in school properly so that u can do your homework easily at home. You cannot depend on your mom much except for your english....




Good luck my love and dont forget that i will be by your side even though i cant help you much...love you loads.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home